Saturday, January 5, 2013

I know I've neglected my poor blog lately but sometimes life just gets in the way...Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kickin and even though I don't have a lot of time to create, I do once in awhile surprise myself by acomplishing something...LOL! Our son and DIL just bought a new house so I created a card using scrapbooking paper I bought at my favorite store - Hannahs in Antioch, IL. The paper is from My Little Shoebox and I thought it was perfect for this card. Using my fABULOUS Sizzix Pop N' Cuts die (by the genius - Karen Burniston), I created a card to congratulate them on their new home ownership. I cut out several houses from the paper and added them to the front of the card with pop dots to make them stand out. I also stamped the sentiment (not sure what company it's from, sorry) and added the strip to the front of the card, along with other images cut from the same paper. In the inside I continued the same concept. I created a 'sun' by using a circle punch, sponging it and cutting strips to represent the rays. It turned out simple but cute, I thought. The other card I created is for my cousin who will be getting married in the next couple of weeks. I also used the Pop n' cuts die (Can you tell I LOVE THIS DIE?!) and stamps from Oxford Impressions. The images are from Suzanne's 'Beloved' plate. I also used a Spellbinders die and silver glittered paper behind the lovely couples. Hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did making them. Happy crafting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    They are going to be so thrilled.
    So much love and attention has been put into this card's creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came to peek at your blog and am now your new follower! I love the things you make - This card is so lovely! Look forward to seeing more - Love from Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete