Saturday, March 30, 2013

Seems holidays creep up on us so quickly lately and I can't help myself when it comes to puttering with a project at the very last minute...lol.  Anything that doesn't move around here is fair game in my eyes;) 

We'll be celebrating Easter over at my brother & SIL's place and we had this bottle of champagne begging to be opened, sitting on our counter.  I decided to make a little tag for it to wish them a 'Happy Spring'. 

Several years ago I purchased a couple of list pads from our local Dollar Tree.  Who could resist these with little fairy girls on them I asked myself!  They have sat in my art room for forever it seems.  I couldn't get myself to use them for just grocery lists, they were just too cute.   However, she was just begging to be used in some artistic way.  With that in mind, I cut out a cream colored bottle tag from a die I purchased from 'My Favorite Things'.  I sponged the edges with cotton candy distress ink.  Then I glued the little girl image onto a recycled cereal box and fussy cut her out.  I mounted her to the tag with foam dots.  Then I punched out little butterflies from the same paper she was printed on (sponging the edges lightly too) and some pink flowers from a dollar punch I bought at Michaels awhile ago, randomly gluing them around her.  I also attached a piece of lace to the bottom of the tag and added a strip of Washi tape above that .  I stamped the 'Happy Spring' from a stamp I had in my stash (I think it's from Hero Arts) and cut the edges with a decorative scissors.  I glued that to a scrap and cut it out again, mounting it to the tag with foam dots.  I tied a strip of ribbon into a bow (that was part of a child's skirt that I also purchased awhile ago at The Dollar Tree).  For a quick project I think it turned out rather sweet.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and thanks for stopping by:)

3 comments:

  1. Debbie this is so adorable!
    Sending you Easter Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling Debbie! So sweet and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    I just found your blog through Lynne Moncrieff's blog and hopped on over. I have enjoyed your work for quite some time. The tag is so cute! I love the Dollar Tree, champagne, and agree with you that holidays are arriving faster and faster. My fantasy of the perfect holiday is to have someone else do the cooking and I get to sit and craft for the holiday while I'm in the mood! But alas, that never happens! :-) Just joined your blog. Hope you'll hop on over to mine.

    Best,

    Laura from sundaview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete