Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blown away.....



Well, my copy of "The Stampers Sampler" arrived in my mailbox yesterday and all I can say is I'm TOTALLY blown away. You can imagine my excitement late last summer when I was contacted by the managing editor to try out for the guest artist spot. After seeing the amazing gorgeous artwork in the April/May issue featuring Wendy Vecchi, I thought to myself...who is going to be the next guest artist as those are some BIG shoes to fill! Then only to discover it was ME....lol! Yipes. However, I think the folks at Stampington did a fabulous job showcasing my art. Never in my wildest dreams when I started submitting (over five years ago) did I ever think I'd end up as guest designer. Dreams really DO come true if only you work at it. It was a lot of work, I have to confess. I'm slow at creating and it took me two months to make the 15 cards they requested. In my opinion, it was all worth it as I'm so pleased with how it looks. Here's a few photos of some of the cards featured. I took these shots before I submitted them so I don't think they will mind. You'll have to grab a copy of it in the stores coming out June 1st to see the rest of it. (Stamps I used are from Alpha Stamps, Artistic Outpost, Lost Coast Designs, Oxford Impressions and Stamp Camp. Digital images from Digital Collage Sheets and Lisas Altered Art.) Hope you enjoy seeing what I've created and that which brings me so much JOY! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone:)

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, I know we only recently became on-line friends but I could not be happier for you. Your cards were the ones which my eyes would zoom into even when I did not know you. You so deserve such acknowledgement so enjoy every single minute of it. Lynne M x (P.S. Thank you for making my birthday special with the stunning birthday card and most thoughtful gifts x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Debbie, I think we need to go shoe shopping as you certainly filled the shoe size with your beautiful creations. So happy for you, as you certainly deserve it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I just got a chance to read this issue today and your work is WONDERFUL!! So happy your talents were recognized!!

    ReplyDelete