Friday, October 5, 2012

My brother and SIL are going to be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary in a few days, so I came up with this quick card using my Sizzix Pop n' Cuts die! I didn't have a lot of time to create it so there wasn't a lot of detail involved - mainly preprinted scrapbooking paper. Still, the message is there and I'm certain they will enjoy it. I used a pre-cut Crafty Secrets frame (thank you Ms. Vicki), painted with Ranger snow capped paint. After it dried I rubbed some stickles over it to make it sparkle. Then I traced the frame and cut out a wedding photo of the couple to add behind it. I added some trims to the front of the card using red line tape and tucked a small bunch of mini flowers to the corner. For the inside I stamped an image of a bridal couple (Stamp Camp). Glued that to the top portion and used some metal numbers (Tim Holtz) to add to the 'pop' piece. Since the brads I had weren't the color I wanted, I chose to add gems where there were holes. I used a metallic gel pen around portions to give it more of a silvery look and sponged around the edges of the card with distress inks. Love how it turned out, much better than the photos I took. Simple but sweet!!! Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh..how beautiful! They are going to love it! Congrats to them on 25 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Debbie! So elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete